Thursday, February 16, 2006

Web Master

I spent a decent amount of time this weekend as "web master" for the Chapter web site. As I sit & type this, the only thought I have is how easy this is & I was correct in stating it should occupy about 1 hour of my time each month. Here's what has to be done each month:

1.) Update the meeting date & program description for the following month.
2.) As new meeting programs are set, add them in order to the upcoming list at the bottom of the page.
3.) When the new newsletter comes out, change its file name to "current.pdf" & upload it.
4.) Take the "current.pdf" down from the site, change its name to "last.pdf" & reupload.
5.) Take the "last.pdf" down from the site, change its name to the month and year, & add it to the archive page.

Not sure how the President's Message will work. I'll get to that later.

Most of this I edited without using FrontPage, although the redesign will have to use FrontPage or some other software.

No comments: